Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Descent

24 x 12, acrylic on canvas.

So it seems I was too late pointing out Pushing Daisies, because they won't be renewing it past the thirteen episodes that have already been shot for season two.  It's a shame that fun, unique shows like this end up getting axed before getting a chance to develop an audience, while the same old cop and lawyer shows keep on getting churned out.  I've heard they hope to continue the story in comic book form, but as much of a fan I am of comics, I'd prefer they would just wrap things up in television format.  It's a rare case for the magic to be captured in comic form without the actor's voices and pacing to match what's written and drawn.  The show was going strong its first season, but the writer's strike prevented it from getting a full season in.  I wonder if things would have turned out differently for it then?  In any case, I still recommend checking it out on DVD.

In any case, I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: